- http://fyouautocorrect.com/ – As someone with an older phone that DOESN’T autocorrect, I LOVE these. They are hysterical. If you need to have a “laugh break”, this site and http://damnyouautocorrect.com/ are fantastic – just watch out…your ribs will hurt from laughing! http://www.wtfautocorrects.com/ is another, while I am on the subject.
Rainy day ideas – since fall and winter can have plenty of days that are “inside days”…
- http://fun.familyeducation.com/hobbies-and-interests/games/33380.html This is a great list of ideas on a family oriented website. There are articles on pregnancy, children of different ages, Moms, and food as well.
- http://betterkidcare.psu.edu/AngelUnits/OneHour/Rainy/RainyLessonA.html is an interesting article. betterkidcare.psu.edu is also very good and well worth taking a look around, if you’re a parent or caregiver.
- www.lovingyou.com is a wonderful source of ideas for couples, specifically http://scripts.lovingyou.com/mdb/search.cgi?mdb=ideas&cat=rain. There are plenty of ideas for other circumstances as well – romance for him, romance for her, fun and flirty, and dating ideas, among other things.
- http://www.life123.com/relationships/dating/date-ideas/rainy-day-date-ideas.shtml has some really nice ideas. It is a brief article but helpful. The base site, http://www.life123.com, is an interesting site. It has articles or answers on 13 life categories, including Arts & Culture, Food and Drink, Health and Wellness, and Relationships.
- http://www.kaboose.com/ is a family oriented website that has so much to offer. They have Thanksgiving things up now (like http://holidays.kaboose.com/thanksgiving/) but there are also sections entitled Fall Family Fun 2011, Kaboose Games, and Kaboose Features. There are also sections on Food, Health, and so forth.
- www.holidays.net – this is a fantastic site. There is a section for fun and wacky holidays, a holiday blog which contains blurbs on holidays as they come up, holiday travel, as well as one for holiday recipes. There are also crafts for various holidays as well. Very well done and enjoyable.
- http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0909585.html. This is a nice list of holidays around the world, with a blurb about the holiday and other links to related subjects. The base site, however, is the real draw. There is such a wide variety of things on the site. There are sections on the fifty states, holidays in the US, people, science, math and money, and country profiles, among other things. It is a wonderful resource.
- http://www.history.com/topics/thanksgiving. History.com is wonderful overall, but I really do like this section. There are links to related people, events, and themes. There is a nice history of Thanksgiving in the US, including links to article son the Pilgrims, Plymouth Colony, and so much more. If you enjoy history and really want to know more about the background, this is the place to start.
- http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Thanksgiving.shtml. This site is brief but has good links to travel tips, food tips and safety, and so forth.
- http://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/thanksgiving/index.html. Where else to go for recipes? Of course, there are many places to go, but this is very nice. There is a section on Holidays and Parties that has a nice selection of articles on turkey recipes, various sides, wine-friendly meals, and more. There is even a section on gifts.
- http://crime.about.com/od/prevent/qt/tips_shopping.htm. Sadly, one thing that everyone needs to keep in mind these days is shopping safety. This article from About.com has tips from the LAPD. Enjoy your holiday shopping, but please be aware of your surroundings and be safe.
- http://www.nationwide.com/about-us/only-on-holiday-shopping-safety.jsp. This article from Nationwide insurance is brief but has good reminders for shoppers.
- http://www.ncpc.org/about/news/safety-first-holiday-safety-tips-for-last-minute-shoppers. The National Crime Prevention council has a post regarding safety for shoppers and really does have important information. Their site also has more information on personal safety, so it is a good site to check out, especially at this time of year.