The selection is shorter this month, I’m afraid – we’ve been recovering from the holidays and multiple illnesses in our household and I’m afraid my energy just gave out. Still, I did find some sites that I thought were worth sharing!
- Online Book Club for Readers – I was looking for a book club that I could take part in without set meetings, since I have a job and two young children. I need something I can take part in whenever I have the time – and this fits. I am now participating; we’ll see how it goes.
- Dear Reader – this enables you to join online book clubs through libraries and also allows you to participate in forums. There are publisher-sponsored clubs, recipes, and a blog. I highly recommend taking a look!
- Project Gutenberg – this is a fantastic site. If you want to read a classic, but don’t have it in your home and don’t want to run to the library (or they don’t have it), check this site. It could very well be online. There are 0ver 27,000 books to read here, online, for free. You can also look into helping add to the catalog. Go check it out!
- Presidential Trivia – this is a collection of links to other sites with information and tidbits about the presidents, including our current president. Check it out; you are almost guaranteed to learn something surprising about at least one of the presidents. Did you know that, despite Barak Obama being our 44th president, there have only been 43 presidents? Grover Cleveland served two nonconsecutive terms and is counted as our 22nd and 24th president.
- Headlinespot – I’ve been looking for a collection of links to news sites; I feel like I visit the same few sites over and over again and the variety of news articles and information hasn’t been what I would have hoped. This is a great selection of links. There are divisions such as Must-See Sites, Weather, Television, News Photos, and Sports.
- Being Thrifty – This is a blog with some interesting links to freebies, as well as other blogs. I found the freebies pretty interesting, and the commentary on “trashy garage sales” amusing. I’m sure I’ll be going back – and I’m sure I’ll be checking out her other blogs; the author is hoping to write full time in the near future!
- Tipnut – I started out looking at tips for saving money in the kitchen and moved on. This is a fabulous site. I love it and I’m subscribing! There are DIY tips, crafts, cleaning tips and so much more. I love it – and I love the story behind it (I really identify with having tips and needing a way to organize them!). Go check it out! There’s something there for everyone, I have no doubt!